Hi friends! 💜
It’s no secret that I’ve been struggling off and on a lot over the past year.
I’ve talked about it multiple times here on this blog and on Instagram.
I already struggle with anxiety, which can lead to bouts of depression. And on top of that, I’ve been having physical health problems which have been slowly getting worse, and that’s been giving me panic attacks.
I guess we can just say I’ve pretty much been a mess.
But when times are hard, it’s always helpful to think about the things in life that can bring us happiness – whether those things are big or small.
I’ve been trying to focus on those things lately and I decided to write down the things that have been making me happy lately.
So if you’re in need of some cheering up or you need help looking on the bright side, here are 60 things to be happy about today!
- Kind people
- Pets and everything they do
- Reading a good book
- Cozy blankets
- Funny TV shows
- Video games exist
- Having a hobby to be passionate about
- Scented candles
- Hot showers
- Entertaining podcasts
- Fresh air and nature
- Hope for the future – even the smallest amount
- Fresh flowers
- Having a roof over your head
- Getting a package in the mail
- Your favorite movie(s)
- Learning something new
- Checking things off your to-do list
- Delicious food
- Feeling comfortable with someone
- The feeling you get after a workout
- Doing something nice for someone
- Achieving a goal you were working towards
- Feeling inspired
- Clothes right out of the dryer
- Forehead kisses
- When you don’t care what other people think of you
- Sleeping in
- Finding a spiritual belief that speaks to you
- Birds chirping
- Making lists
- Finding a bargain or sale on something awesome
- Having something to look forward to
- Yummy drinks
- Freshly cleaned sheets
- When you find a solution to a problem
- Freshly cut grass
- Hot beverages on a cold day
- Cold beverages on a hot day
- Baby humans and baby animals
- People who are understanding about mental health issues
- When a person you love, loves you back
- Feeling good about yourself
- Art – paintings, music, all kinds of art
- When someone truly likes something you made
- That feeling you get after you face one of your fears
- Fuzzy socks and cozy slippers
- Hot tubs and pools
- Seeing a rainbow after a storm
- Watching old home movies
- Inside jokes with special people
- The fact that situations usually work themselves out
- Knowing that every day is a fresh start
What about you? What are YOUR things to be happy about? Let’s chat in the comments!