This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure here.
If you’re active in the self-improvement sphere of the internet, you’ve probably heard of affirmation cards.
You may have read someone discussing someone or seen someone sharing their affirmation card deck.
But maybe you’re wondering why people use these cards. Or maybe you’re wondering how they use them.
That’s what I wanted to discuss today! 🙂
I’m a firm believer in the power of positive affirmations. I wanted to talk about the benefits of affirmation cards and ways you can incorporate them into your daily routine.
So, here are 5 benefits of affirmation cards + 4 ways to use them effectively + 3 awesome decks to choose from!
5 Benefits of Affirmation Cards:
1. They can boost your positivity and optimism – Affirmation cards can have many positive benefits for our mental health; one of them is boosting our positive outlook on life, which is important for not only our mental health but our physical health too! Using an affirmation deck daily can train our brains to shift our mindset to a more positive one, which can greatly improve our outlook on life!
2. They can improve your self-confidence – When we have low confidence, it’s because we’re constantly thinking negative thoughts about ourselves. These negative thoughts are usually playing over and over and over again inside our minds. The best way to counter this is to recite positive thoughts about ourselves consistently, and that’s what daily affirmation cards help us do!
3. They can motivate you to act on your goals and follow your dreams – Positive affirmation cards can inspire you and motivate you to get sh*t done. The affirmations on the cards are motivating, they can boost your confidence and mood, and leave you feeling determined.
4. They help you prioritize self-care – Using affirmation cards is a great way to incorporate self-care into your day. Because elf-care has so many benefits and prioritizing your mental health and well-being is one of the biggest ways to practice self-care. Affirmation cards allow us to do this in a big way, and they also allow us to do it easily!
5. They can impact those around you too – I’m a firm believer that positivity (and negativity) is contagious. If you’re more confident and resilient, there will be less negativity and more positivity for those you interact with. Also, if you have good energy around you, the people you spend time with will feel it and things will be lighter for them too.
4 Effective Ways to Use Affirmation Cards:
1. Incorporate them into your morning routine – This is my favorite use of affirmation cards. I pull a random card from the deck and use it as my mantra for the day. Because doing this first thing in the morning is the best way to set your whole day up for positivity!
2. Display them somewhere you’ll see them – Displaying your affirmation cards where you’ll see them regularly is a great way to use them. Also, affirmation cards are usually pretty so this will bring beauty to your space and also give you regular mood boosts throughout the day. You could also display them on a bulletin board, your work desk, your bathroom mirror, or anywhere else you’ll see them throughout the day.
3. Keep them with you – Another great option for an affirmation card deck is to keep it with you. In your purse, in your car, or somewhere easy to access. This way if you’re struggling with negative thoughts, you can easily pull out your deck and recite positive affirmations!
4. Journal the affirmation – If you want to go deeper into the benefits of affirmation cards, journaling about the affirmation is the best way to do this. For example, if the affirmation is “I am strong and determined” then take it further and journal about what this means to you, how being strong and determined will help you, why being strong and determined is important to you, etc.
3 Great Affirmation Card Decks to Choose From:
1. If you sign up for my newsletter you’ll get 14 pages of free printable cards + blank cards (pictured throughout the post). You will also get tons of other freebies from my resource library. Sign up here! 💖