Too much clutter is never good for anyone.
If you ever feel like your life is too full of clutter – physically, digitally, and/or even mentally – then maybe it’s time for you to start throwing stuff out!
I’m getting ready to do some spring cleaning and decluttering, so I thought now was a great time to share this post with you guys. But really, you can get rid of these things at any time, of course!
I recommend grabbing two boxes/bags so you can give away or donate the usable items and throw away the rest. (:
You might like: 15 Ways to Simplify + Declutter Your Life
50 things to get rid of today:
- Clothes you don’t wear/don’t like/don’t fit.
- Socks that don’t match or have holes in them.
- Old underwear and bras.
- Chipped/old coffee mugs.
- Worn out shoes or shoes you don’t wear.
- Purses/wallets you don’t use.
- Eyeglasses and/or sunglasses.
- Old makeup, lotion, nail polish, skin/haircare products, etc.
- Old spices/seasonings.
- Packets of condiments.
- Expired food – in your fridge, freezer, pantry, spice shelf, anywhere.
- Food containers without lids (or lids without containers).
- Kitchen utensils or appliances that you don’t use.
- Cookbooks you don’t use.
- Old newspapers and magazines.
- Arts and crafts supplies that you don’t need.
- Things that upset you (old photos, letters, or other items).
- Phone numbers you don’t need anymore.
- Used up notebooks and journals.
- Old textbooks.
- Magnets you don’t want anymore.
- Greeting cards (if they’re sentimental, store them in a pretty way, like this).
- Receipts that you don’t need.
- DVD’s/movies you don’t want.
- Anything that’s broken and won’t be fixed.
- Expired or unused medicine and vitamins.
- Your toothbrush (if it’s over 3 months old).
- Movies you don’t like or watch.
- Books you don’t like or read.
- CD’s you don’t like or listen to.
- Old chargers/cables/cords you don’t use.
- Board games with missing pieces.
- Phones and cases you don’t use.
- Pens and markers with no ink.
- Expired coupons.
- Extra buttons.
- Old gift wrap and gift bags you won’t use.
- Decor that doesn’t bring you joy.
- Old calendars and planners.
- Used candles you don’t like.
- Rubber bands.
- Electronic cords that you don’t need.
- Unused vases.
- Hair accessories you don’t use.
- The old paperwork you don’t need.
- Old shopping bags.
- Frayed towels.
- Electronic/appliance manuals you don’t need.
- Emails and email subscriptions you don’t need/want.
- Negative people who just bring you down (in life and on social media).
How about you? Are you going to be doing any spring cleaning or decluttering? Let’s chat in the comments!
Let’s be friends! Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Leave a Reply